Jump to what you’re looking for quicker by clicking on the question below!
- How do I cancel a service?
- How will I know when my cancellation request is processed?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- How can I see how much I have in cancelled credits?
- Why am I still being charged the full surcharge amount for a cancelled service?
- If I cancel and then reschedule a service, can I avoid cancellation fees?
- If I submit a date/time change request on an already scheduled service, can I avoid cancellation fees?
How do I cancel a service?
To cancel a service with us, please complete the steps below:
- Login to your client account.
- Go to the main menu and click My Schedule.
- Locate the service you wish to cancel.
- Checkmark the service and click the Cancel button at the top of the screen. If you wish to cancel multiple services, please select all and perform a bulk cancellation by clicking the Cancel button at the top.
- In the popup window, you may add a reason for cancellation. Please also review our cancellation policy in blue.
- Click Request.
- You’ll see that the service box on the My Schedule page now has a red Cancel Requested tag inside of it.
How will I know when my cancellation request is processed?
We approve ALL cancellations! Once you submit your cancellation request, we will take care of it ASAP and as soon as we do, you will be informed via a confirmation email and notification from our app, Precise Petcare.
You can also confirm the cancellation by viewing the service on the My Schedule page in your client account. It should appear in dark gray and have a Canceled tag inside of it.
What is your cancellation policy?
Our service cancellation policy is as follows:
- 100% refund is issued as Account Credit if cancellation is made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled service(s).
- 50% refund is issued as Account Credit if cancellation is made at least 24 hours prior to the scheduled service(s).
- NO refund is issued for same-day cancellations/less than 24 hour notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Refunds are NOT transferable. Should you be eligible to receive an Account Credit (based on terms above), that amount will be auto-added to your client account and auto-applied to your very next invoice with us.
How can I see how much I have in cancelled credits?
You can view your account credits from cancellations by going to Billing > Transactions. Once you’re there, locate the column Unapplied. If you see any red amounts, those are credits within your account (whether due to cancellations, cash payments, etc.). Any account credit amounts will be auto-applied to future invoices til the Unapplied balance(s) reach $0.00. Then, you will be charged as normal (using credit card on file) to pay invoices thereafter.
Why am I still being charged the full surcharge amount for a cancelled service?
The reason why you still get charged for a surcharge if you cancel within the terms of our cancellation policy is because our system doesn’t touch surcharge amounts when cancellations are performed (it only adjusts base service amounts accordingly).
Let’s give an example for this one, so that we can best explain it to you!
Let’s say you’ve scheduled a STANDARD Dog Walk ($25) on a holiday in which there’s a $20 surcharge added onto the base rate. The total charge for that service is $45. If you cancel, say, with 36 hours notice, you will be charged for just 50% ($22.50) of the service TOTAL (the remaining 50% will be added to your client account as an unapplied credit). See the terms of our cancellation policy to learn more. As soon as the cancellation is confirmed, you should see an Unapplied amount of $22.50 under Billing > Transactions.
When you view your invoice for that particular service, you will see a line item for the service (STANDARD Dog Walk) and a line item for the surcharge (Holiday). Here’s the tricky part! Instead of showing 50% of each amount (for base service AND surcharge), the service line will show $2.50 while the surcharge line will show the full $20 (original surcharge amount). The reason for this is, again, our system doesn’t touch surcharge amounts even when cancellations are performed. It only adjusts the base service amount so that when it adds up with the original surcharge amount, it totals 50% (or whatever refund percentage you’re eligible for). So, as in this example, if you take $2.50 (new base amount determined by system) + $20 (original surcharge amount), the total is $22.50, which is 50% of the original service total of $45.
If I cancel and then reschedule a service, can I avoid cancellation fees?
It depends on when you cancel the initial service. If you cancel with at least 48 hours notice, you will receive 100% of the service total as a refund into your client account. Then, when you reschedule the service that you cancelled, any and all account credits (amount refunded) will be auto-applied to the invoice for the new service. Please see the terms of our cancellation policy above to learn more!
If I submit a date/time change request on an already scheduled service, can I avoid cancellation fees?
It depends on when you submit the change request for the initial service. Overall, changing a service date and/or time frame equates to cancelling a service and scheduling another. Please see the terms of our cancellation policy above to learn more!
To learn how to submit change requests, please click here!